Speech
Re Establishing the Genuine Friendship
“Broken friendship are more painful than relationship break ups”. This quote got my attention and it made me wonder how is it to have a broken friendship. What about you? Have you ever experience being betrayed by your friend and they were begging for your forgiveness but you cannot give it? It is as if your trust turns to anger right?
They say friendship, once it is broken it is impossible to bring back all the pieces like it was before. It might be caused by a broken trust, being dishonest and backstabbing. These factors can ruin everything we had for them for years because we do not wat to be fooled by someone we trust. But we are just human we hurt each other. We make mistake we do not literally want to do so. Our best friend’s words are in our heads but their mistake is like knives in our hearts. Forgiving someone who betrayed us was not easy. Bringing back all the pieces they broke was hard, but once these pieces are back together, it will never be like it was before. It was not strong enough. Our trust remains but not the same than before. Also doubt and fear are also already present. Many what if’s pop up in our mind. Sometimes we tend to revenge or just to leave it behind
As I wrote this speech my heart is full of heartache and pity. I have this friend who is more than sister to me. We are in Grade 4 when we met. She was my classmate since that day up to Grade 10. I thought she was the one, my partner in crime. I told her everything, my hopes, dreams, and even secrets. We are both here for each other when needed. Then last year, a group of kpop fan girls transferred to our section. I never thought that she would leave me, but I was wrong. She betrayed me. The she left without saying anything. And then one time, one of her new friends told me that she told a story about my secrets and even stories that not really happen. In short, she made stories to destruct my image to others. That moment my heart is full of anger and hatred. I revenged. I also told stories to others and her secrets. But months passed. It feels like something is missing and wrong. Luckily, we both feel sorry We gave our deepest sorry and prove that we can bring back all of the trust that has been broken. Again, I was wrong. I still have that doubt that she will do it again. But for me it was ok. What is important is we both forgive each other. We can still have each other someday. Time will heal everything about us.
That is the time when I started to believe Dieter Uchtdorf’s quote, “Healing comes when we choose to walk away from darkness and more towards a brighter light”. We give ourselves a second chances in friendship Because in the end they were the one who will help us through the darkness and the one who build us.
Yes, our friendship may have gone into a roller coaster ride. But just like after this ride, we can just laugh and continue our friendship. With the lessons that we have learned. We may nt forget what happened, what is important is we have reestablished the genuine friendship.
Comments
Post a Comment